Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bulldog Dash 5k and Fun Run

I ran the Bulldog Dash 5k with my new running group (well I really went with Krista & Donna D) on Saturday. Donna, Krista & I got in a mile warm up run before hand along with everyone else I think. Then we got ready to start the race with all the high school cross country teams and everyone else (there were around 600 ppl there they said). We were a little nervous that those young runners might run over us at the start but they all were all on the right side because they knew we were going to be turning right not far up from the start. It was a tough course with some good hills but also some good downhill to help out. But they didn't have any water on the course at all and that was tough with the warm morning! I ended up running it under 30 mins and having one of my best 5k times, definitely one of my best in a long time! Krista set a new PR so that was exciting!

There were some fast runners in this race, the woman winner came in 4th overall and she ran it in under 17 minutes! Amazing!

The girls did the Fun Run that started after the 5k and that was a mile. They were to run 4 times around the track. We only made it 3 times around but that is good for them! Reagan wanted to stop on the 2nd time around but she kept going. She had fun and loved doing it! It is so much fun to do that with them and get to experience something you love doing with them!


Reagan & I running around the track

Reagan with her goodies for doing the Fun Run!

Mommy & her runner girl!


The girls goofing around

So cute! And they ran some of the race this way also and finished like this!

No comments: